WHITEHALL FOOD PANTRY
The Whitehall Food Pantry has been serving between 140 to 180 families per month supplying them food staples, meats, pet food, and paper products when available. Occasionally there is even fresh produce. There many different ways to “help” at the Food Pantry so let me list a few for you.
1) St. John’s night to volunteer is usually the third Monday of the month beginning at 5:30. We set up, help the families through the shelf area, and carry out their groceries. Then put food away that was not used that night.
2) Prior to our Monday night, a small group of volunteers take our Second Sunday Sharing foods to the Food Pantry and fill the shelves (Mary and Barry Miller, Pat Reed, Bruce Holland, Bob Lalo, Jerry Gombert, Betty Duffy, Betty Bartinsky, and others as they have time).
3) The Saturday before our Monday night, Jerry Gombert or Chris Beck make a pick up at the Enteman’s store for their donation of baked goods and breads.
4) The Monday morning before our night, Jerry Gombert make a pick up at Weis Market on MacArthur Rd. for their donations of baked goods.
5) Every Tuesday morning, Betty Duffy and Lana Snyder make a pick up at LongHorn Steakhouse and Bone sh Grill for their donations of meats, soups, vegetables, and breads.
6) One Monday each month the Second Harvest truck arrives and some of us volunteer to assist with the unloading and putting away food items.
7) And most of all, you the congregation who fills our grocery cart for each Second Sunday Sharing.
If there are any times that you would be interested in volunteering in any way, please contact Lana Snyder 610-533-1357 for dates and times.
And again, thanks for all of your generosity in giving each month.