St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church began as the Jordan Union Sunday School in Fullerton in 1869. In 1886 a chapel was built at the present site. The congregation was formally organized on August 7, 1902. The Reformed congregation moved away in 1929; sharing of pastors with other congregations continued until 1946.The 1950′s saw a campaign to raise funds for a new building. The first service was held in 1960. The 1970′s saw the purchase of a parking lot, the erection of the bell tower and retirement of the congregation’s longest serving pastor, Carrol O. R. Fritze.
The 1980′s and 1990′s saw many changes and challenges brought about by the change in demographics and the graying population.
Today we are a diverse congregation spanning many age groups and economic strata.